Bible Verses about
But from there you will seek the Lord your God and you will find him, if you search after him with all your heart and with all your soul.
I love those who love me, and those who seek me diligently find me.
“Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, and the one who seeks finds, and to the one who knocks it will be opened.”
The Lord is good to those who wait for him, to the soul who seeks him.
“Seek the Lord while he may be found; call upon him while he is near; let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts; let him return to the Lord, that he may have compassion on him, and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon.”
1 Chronicles 16:11
Seek the Lord and his strength; seek his presence continually!
But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.
You will seek me and find me, when you seek me with all your heart.
And without faith it is impossible to please him, for whoever would draw near to God must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who seek him.
“As for me, I would seek God, and to God would I commit my cause, who does great things and unsearchable, marvelous things without number.”
A Psalm of David, when he was in the wilderness of Judah. O God, you are my God; earnestly I seek you; my soul thirsts for you; my flesh faints for you, as in a dry and weary land where there is no water.
Blessed are those who keep his testimonies, who seek him with their whole heart.
And those who know your name put their trust in you, for you, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek you.
And he made from one man every nation of mankind to live on all the face of the earth, having determined allotted periods and the boundaries of their dwelling place, that they should seek God, in the hope that they might feel their way toward him and find him. Yet he is actually not far from each one of us.
1 Chronicles 28:9
“And you, Solomon my son, know the God of your father and serve him with a whole heart and with a willing mind, for the Lord searches all hearts and understands every plan and thought. If you seek him, he will be found by you, but if you forsake him, he will cast you off forever.”
2 Chronicles 7:14
If my people who are called by my name humble themselves, and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land.
The Lord looks down from heaven on the children of man, to see if there are any who understand, who seek after God.
Draw near to God, and he will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded.
“See, I have set before you today life and good, death and evil. If you obey the commandments of the Lord your God that I command you today, by loving the Lord your God, by walking in his ways, and by keeping his commandments and his statutes and his rules, then you shall live and multiply, and the Lord your God will bless you in the land that you are entering to take possession of it.”
“Thus says the Lord who made the earth, the Lord who formed it to establish it—the Lord is his name: Call to me and I will answer you, and will tell you great and hidden things that you have not known.”
You have said, “Seek my face.” My heart says to you, “Your face, Lord, do I seek.”
The Lord looks down from heaven on the children of man, to see if there are any who understand, who seek after God. They have all turned aside; together they have become corrupt; there is none who does good, not even one.
In the pride of his face the wicked does not seek him; all his thoughts are, “There is no God.”
And Peter said to them, “Repent and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins, and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.”
Song of Solomon 3:1-5
On my bed by night I sought him whom my soul loves; I sought him, but found him not. I will rise now and go about the city, in the streets and in the squares; I will seek him whom my soul loves. I sought him, but found him not. The watchmen found me as they went about in the city. “Have you seen him whom my soul loves?” Scarcely had I passed them when I found him whom my soul loves. I held him, and would not let him go until I had brought him into my mother’s house, and into the chamber of her who conceived me. I adjure you, O daughters of Jerusalem, by the gazelles or the does of the field, that you not stir up or awaken love until it pleases.
And Jesus went away from there and withdrew to the district of Tyre and Sidon. And behold, a Canaanite woman from that region came out and was crying, “Have mercy on me, O Lord, Son of David; my daughter is severely oppressed by a demon.” But he did not answer her a word. And his disciples came and begged him, saying, “Send her away, for she is crying out after us.” He answered, “I was sent only to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.” But she came and knelt before him, saying, “Lord, help me.” …
Holy Bible: ESV (English Standard Version).
Note: Click on the links above for context or parallel translations ↑
Need God? (Take a Test)
Are You a Good Person? ↓
A je një njeri i mirë?Bulgarian:
Добър човек ли сте?Chinese:
God loves a seeking heart. You may be looking for a sense of purpose in your life. Your heart is empty and each day consists of simply doing the “next thing”. We have great news for you, friend! That purpose and contentment can be found in a personal relationship with God. You can know Him! It gets better! More than you want to know God – He wants you to know Him. From that relationship flows the best plan for your life, the plan made by the One who created you, knows you best and loves you most. How can you know Him?
- Recognize that you are a sinner. Romans 3:23 says we all have sinned and fallen short of God’s standard of holiness. Romans 3:10 says that there is no one without sin. In other words, we all make mistakes. We sin against God. We blow it…and have since the day we were born!
- Understand that your sin demands payment. Romans 6:23 tells us that the wages of sin is death – physical and eternal. “For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.” It also promises that the gift of God is eternal life. In other words, Jesus Christ went to the cross for you…and for me…to make the payment for sin that you and I should have made. He took our place! What a great love! Romans 5:8 describes that love in this way, “But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us”.
- Confess your sin right now to God. To confess means to agree with God about your sin and choose to turn away or “repent” of your sin. You are choosing to step away from your old life and ways in order to follow God and live out His amazing plan for your life.
- Receive His gift of forgiveness. Understand that His forgiveness is a gift. You can’t merit it by being good enough or earn it by doing good things. Romans 3:21-22 “But God has a way to make people right with him without the law. And God has now shown us that way which the law and the prophets told us about. God makes people right with himself through their faith in Jesus Christ. This is true for all who believe in Christ, because all are the same.”
- Accept God’s forgiveness as His gift to you and thank Him for coming into your life. Surrender everything you know about you…to everything you know about Him. Romans 10:10 tells us “We believe with our hearts, and so we are made right with God. And we use our mouths to say that we believe, and so we are saved.” In other words, we must believe in our hearts that Jesus died on the cross for our sins and that He rose from the grave. We confess that truth in our hearts and with our lives.
- Turn your life over to Him and choose to follow Him from this day on. Romans 8:38 promises: “Yes, I am sure that nothing can separate us from the love God has for us. Not death, not life, not angels, not ruling spirits, nothing now, nothing in the future, no powers, nothing above us, nothing below us, or anything else in the whole world will ever be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.”
- Share your decision with someone. And celebrate the fact that God has taken up residence in your heart and life, and that He will, from this moment on, be with you.
Friend, we celebrate with you this new relationship with your living God. It is the most important decision you will ever make. We encourage you to join a church that teaches the Bible. Look for a small group Bible study in which you can participate. Begin spending a certain amount of time every day, praying to God and reading His Word. Start with the book of John. It tells you so much about who God is and why Jesus came.
We pray that you will follow Him and experience all the blessings He has for you…on your journey.
A word from us:
For some people crossing from spiritual death to life was an event, it just happened (although they could be unaware of a thorough, God-authored preparation and circumstances that led to the event itself) and they know it, and for others it’s more like a sunflower that’s slowely but surely being attracted to the sun and its light and warmth. In such a case, it’s a process of turning away from self and sin to God and new values, and although such a person may never know the moment he/she finally crossed that line and became the citizen of the Kingdom of God (the final step, the actual crossing, that first ‘breath’, must have occured sometime), they are usually well aware of the process itself. They don’t have the ‘when’ but they have the ‘now’, they don’t know when it happened but they know it happened – they see and have the evidence of spiritual birth and faith in their lives. And those that have the answer to the ‘when’ question if you ask them, they know precisely the date, day or even the exact moment they believed and were saved (which is not the case with the writer of these lines).
But, whichever group you belong to, and whether you prayed any proposed prayer like those usually suggested at the end of some gospel presentations (”4 spiritual laws”, or similar), or you have already made some of the good steps from the text (‘Seeking God’) above, carefully watch for signs of new life and Holy Spirit’s presence in you in the course of time, and keep checking yourself whether you are in faith so that you are not self-deceived.
Also, if you have never prayed any ‘sinner’s prayer’ (when you respond to a call to give your life to God), or you haven’t done any of the suggestions in the text above, don’t worry, you may soon have another opportunity and urge from God to say the words of repentence and faith, and in some better time and place – it may be enough for now, and a good sign, if you are on such sites, pages and articles, reading and reflecting…, it could well mean that the seed of God have already been planted in your heart. If so, it will surely grow. And one day, some sort of a decision will have been made, in the form of prayer or no prayer at all, knowingly or unknowingly to you – and you will have finally and irrevocably been transferred from darkness into the light of the Kingdom of His dear Son.
If reading any of the texts on this page/site proved to be the ”right” time for you in seeking God and salvation, if you believed and cried to God, welcome to the family!
A ”sunflower” type of a believer? Welcome to the club!
SUBMIT YOUR QUESTION here
or ASK US here ↓